Welcome to my Valentine’s day decor home tour!
Let’s have some fun and get all lovie dovie! This is the very first time, I have left our tree up and the very first time, I have decorated our living room for Valentine’s.
It was fun and so easy.
I thought you might like to see what I did in case you would like to “romance” your home? So let’s get started.
Romancing the Living Room
Here are some quick tips of how to romance your living room:
- use faux or real pink flowers. I prefer faux because they need such little care and I can bend them into the shape I need.
- print out a picture of pink flowers and frame it.
- cover some books with pink paper and put a romantic message on the spines.
- fill a basket with dried pink hydrangea.
- drape a gold ♡ garland over your shelves.
- fill a bowl with pink oranaments.
- place a mirror-based tray on a coffee table or ottoman and style with pink flowers and a candle.
- place some bells on a shelf to remind you of wedding bells that may have rang when you or someone else got married.
- candles and decorative mirrors are also great pieces of decor to add.
- turn your TV on to a pretty TV art channel.
- light the fire and dim the lights!
Below are photos of all of these tips for you to see up closer.
Valentine Tree Decorations
This was by far the easiest tree I have ever decorated. I ordered inexpensive pink regular and ♡-shaped ornaments along with pink plumes and pink faux roses on amazon. I also picked up some shiny paper hearts and pink metal birds from the Dollar Store. Lastly, I made my own garland by cutting hearts out of Valentine style scrapbooking paper and then hot gluing them to soft pink yarn.
In the photo on the left below you will see the garland I made and the cute pink ornaments I purchased. The photo on the right is the a pink metal bird I found at the Dollar Store. I thought it was perfect to be in this Valentine’s tree!
Below is a photo of the pink plumes beside the paper garland and also beside pink round ornaments. Don’t they look cute?
Here is a close up of part of the garland that had metallic writing on it. You can also see one of the sparkly ♡ ornaments and a faux pink rose.
All in all, this tree is delicate and pretty and is absolutely perfect for this time of year.
FYI – the tree is a 9 foot Queen flocked tree (lit) from King of Christmas. Click here for more information.
Valentine’s Day Decor in the Kitchen
Here are my tips for Valentine’s day decor to quickly and easily romance your kitchen:
- place wood hearts with pink floral ribbon on the back of your wooden island chairs. I found these at the Dollar store.
- Fill a bowl with faux pink flowers.
- Place a pink wreath on a shelf or hang it on your wall.
- Open your cookbook to a romantic dessert and place it on a book stand.
- Fill a vase or just with cherry blossoms branches.
- Hang some cute Valentine tea towels on a tea towel ladder or on your oven.
Setting the stage for a romantic dinner in the dining room
In the dining room, I kept it a little more neutral with more whites. Here are a few more tips:
- Drape a ♡ garland over a china cabinet or down the center of your table.
- Bring out the fancy silver serving dishes and instead of food place some faux pink roses.
- Use your pretty white linens as a base.
- Look for any pink dishes you may have and find unique ways to use them in your tablescape or on your china hutch.
- Once again, candles really set the tone.
- Make your own pink beaded ♡.
- Reuse the pink-covered books as a base for any pretty silver or china you want need to set up a little higher.
Valentine table decorations
When it comes to dining on Valentine’s day, it is time to break out the good china, fancy glasses, flowers and candles!
Below are a couple of options of how to style a table.
Don’t forget to add flowers to the chandelier to finish off the look!
I hope I gave you lots of ideas, especially ideas that are easy and inexpensive!
Interested in shopping for Valentine’s day decor?
Below are photos of decor that are clickable, which will take you directly to the product. Should you decide to purchase any of the items, I will earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
How about a Valentine’s project?
Click here for a link to the project.
Or more dining ideas?
This is such a fun post and I share every little detail about how to host an outdoor dinner party. Click here to read more.
Spring is coming, would you like some floral inspiration?
This is a post from last year where I share all of my favorite flowers. If you would like to learn more, click here. By the way, I am writing a post where I will be sharing all the flowers I will be planting this year.
As always, I appreciate each and every one of you for supporting and reading my blog. I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment below.
Happy Valentine’s Day
DonnaFebruary 12, 2023
Your house looks amazing all dressed up for Valentine’s Day! I love all the touches of pink you added here and there! Everything looks lovely! Happy Valentine’s Day!